- Get ready all Cliff diving freaks. Red Bull is coming up with the new cliff diving events in August and September. There are three upcoming events. Hurry up and join the Red Bull Cliff Diving adventure !!
Cliff Diving Event 1.
- Serpent’s Lair, Inis Mor, Aran Islands, Galvay Bay, Ireland
- AUG 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM
- AUG 4, 2012 at 4:00 PM
- Platform height: 28m
Average water temperature in August: 15°C
Average air temperature in August: 19°C
Type of water: Seawater (Atlantic Ocean)
- About The Event
- Red Bull Cliff Diving travels to Ireland for the fourth stop of the 2012 World Series on August 4…The Serpent’s Lair is one of those places you only hear stories about, said Orlando Duque, during a photoshoot ahead of the first ever Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series competition in 2009. “Finding this place and being able to dive there was one of the highlights of my career. Hopefully in the future we can bring a cliff diving competition to Ireland.” Orlando’s hopes will be answered during the first weekend of August, when the world’s best cliff divers come to the biggest of the three Aran Islands for the season’s halfway stage. A ferry ride from Galway on Ireland’s west coast, Inis Mor is home to the Serpent’s Lair – Poll na Peist in Gaelic – a natural formation that fishermen call a ‘blowhole’. What makes the Serpent’s Lairspecial is that it’s a near-perfect rectangle, its inexplicable shape ensconced in Gaelic legend.The Red Bull Cliff Diving on Inis Mor is an all-ticket event, with the only way to apply via an online competition which is now closed. The prize draw took place on July 16.
Next Cliff Diving Event 2.
- The ICA on Fan Pier, Boston, Massachusetts
- AUG 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
- AUG 25, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Platform height: 27m
Average water temperature in August: 19°C
Average air temperature in August: 23°C
Type of water: Seawater (Boston Harbour)
- About The Event
- Red Bull Cliff Diving returns to the USA for the fifth stop of the 2012 World Series on August 25 following its hugely successful debut in Boston in 2011…After four stops in Europe, the World Series leaps over the Atlantic and touches back down in one of America’s oldest cities – Boston, Massachusetts. After last season’s premiere, the Red Bull Cliff Diving World Seriesathletes will climb back to the top of the Institute of Contemporary Art building on Fan Pier to exhibit their latest skills. Founded in 1936, the ICA’s mission is to exhibit contemporary art; count on the world’s best divers to deliver 21st-century art in this sports-mad city.This Red Bull Cliff Diving event is free and open to the public
Next Cliff Diving Event 3.
- Blue Lagoon, Wales
- SEP 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
- SEP 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
- Platform height: 27m
Average water temperature in September: 15°C
Average air temperature in September: 18°C
Type of water: Seawater (Celtic Sea)
- About the Event
- Red Bull Cliff Diving makes its long-awaited UK debut in Wales at the penultimate stop of the 2012 World Series on September 7-8…The competition will take place at Blue Lagoonclose to St David’s in Pembrokeshire’s Abereiddy. A spectacular maritime county, Pembrokeshire measures only 20 miles from north to south yet has 186 miles of coastline with a diverse landscape of unspoilt pocket beaches, lakes, woodland and villages, which have been the backdrop to films including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The coastline also forms part of Britain’s only Coastal National Park and is home to a population of Bottlenose Dolphins.Stay tuned for more details about the event, including how to get tickets… or visit the website – http://www.redbull.com
Tags: Blue Lagoon, Blue Lagoon Wales, Boston, Cliff Diving Event, cliff diving events in August, Inis Mor, Massachusetts, new cliff diving events, Next Cliff Diving Event, Red Bull Cliff Diving, Red Bull Cliff Diving adventure, Red Bull Cliff Diving event is free, Red Bull Cliff Diving on Inis Mor, Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series, Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series competition, Serpent's Lair
Trackback from your site.