Again, If you are most attracted by nature’s most amazing beauty of waterfall and if you planning to go to Argentina or Brazil then dont forget to have a look of Iguazu Falls.
South America is full of natural wonders and water falls is one of them. Iguazu falls is one of the most beautiful waterfall in South America and is listed into UNESCO World Heritage List.
Facts About Beauty Of Iguazu falls
There are some basic facts about Iguazu Falls which i am sure you would like to know before planning a trip to Iguazu Falls.
1. Iguazu Falls was featured in many movies. Some of them are: Miami Vice (2006), The Mission (1986), Mr. Magoo (1997), Moonraker (1979), and Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008).
2. When it comes to surface water flowing over the falls then Iguazu Falls is more than twice as large as Niagara Falls.
3. The Iguazu Falls stretch for over one and a half miles on the Iguazu River.
4. Two-thirds of the famous Devil’s Throat section of Iguazu Falls lies on the Argentina side of the border.
5. Iguazu Falls separates two countries and two national parks. Countries – Brazil and Argentina,
National Parks - The Iguazu National Park in Argentina and Iguacu National Park in Brazil.
6. The Iguazu Falls can be accessed from the Argentinian side by a train and its going to be really amazing experience.
7. When translated from the native Indian language, Iguazu roughly translates to mean “Big Water”.
8. One of the falls on the Argentinean side of the Iguazu Falls is named after Spanish Conquistador Alvar Nunez Cabeza de Vaca who in 1541 became the first European to discover them.
9. The local name for The Devil’s Throat section of the falls is Garganta Del Diablo (or Garganta Do Diabo in Portugese).
10. Tina Lord Roberts is a character from the popular American soap opera One Life To Live. In a 1987 episode she supposedly went over the Iguazu Falls and died
Iguazu Falls is most famous tourist destination in South America and definitely one of the most beautiful and majestic waterfalls in all of the world.
Tags: basic facts about Iguazu Falls, Devil's Throat, Iguazu Falls, Iguazu waterfall, most beautiful and majestic waterfalls in all of the world, most famous tourist destination in South America, nature's most amazing beauty, planning a trip to Iguazu Falls, UNESCO World Heritage List
Trackback from your site.