Waterfalls have always been best attraction and best place to see and to experience nature’s most magnifique creation. So if you are on the trip to England just add High Force Waterfall into your list. You can not compare its volume to the Niagara or its height to the Angel waterfalls. High Force waterfalls has its own beauty which makes it England’s most beautiful waterfall and most recommended place to see in England.
Where High Force Waterfalls is located ?
High force waterfall is located in a small village called Forest-in-Teesdale. It is located in Durham County. It is situated in upper Teesdale.
Best Picnic Spot with breath taking force
You can experience the high force of High Force waterfalls by selecting it as a picnic spot. From its rise as a trickle, high on the heather covered fells at the top of the North Pennines, to the top of the whin sill rock at Forest -in-Teesdale, the River Tees steadily grows and gathers pace, then it suddenly and spectacularly drops 21 metres into the plunge pool below.
Things to remember while visiting High Force waterfalls
You need to pay attention while visiting high force waterfalls. High Force commands your respect. Its power is its beauty, but it must be treated with care. Through your garbage in trash cans only.
1. Children must be supervised at all times and dogs kept on short leads. Maintain its beauty.
2. The waterfall is accessible via a well-maintained gravel path, which may pose difficulties for wheelchair users. Strong companions are advised.
3. The beginning of the woodland walk is 50m from the car park and is approximately 1/3 of a mile in length down an incline of about 1 in 10.
4. The toilets and Gift Shop are accessible to wheelchairs.
5. Adapted toilets are available.
6. There are approximately 26 steps down to the viewing area at the base of the falls; wheelchair users can view the falls from the top of the steps. There are also approximately 78 steps leading to the top of the waterfall, however there is no access onto the rocks at the top of the waterfall itself.
7. Designated disabled parking spaces are located closer to the woodland walk and to the gift shop and toilets.
Charges for visitors and opening timings
High Force waterfalls is open for your enjoyment all year round. During the low season from November until Easter an honesty box will be in operation. The gift shop is open seasonally from Easter until the end of October. Please be advised that High Force may be closed during adverse weather conditions.
- Adult: £1.50
- Child (5 – 15 yrs): 50p
- Concessions: £1.00
- Car: £2.00
- Motorcycle: £1.50
Coach parking fees apply for school / youth group parties. Please book in advance.
- Canoe/Kayak: £3.00 per vessel
- Fishing Permits: Available from the Gift Shop
Prices may vary on special event days and please contact them before travelling
Other place to see near around High Force Waterfalls
So, what are the other place you can visit near around High Force Waterfalls? Well, there are lot of national parks, Castles and one most recommended place is Raby Castle.
Raby Castle is situated 20 miles further east at Staindrop. You can also stay there.
Tags: Angel waterfalls, Best Picnic Spot, England's most beautiful waterfall, High Force Waterfalls, most recommended place to see in England, Other place to see near around High Force Waterfalls, Raby Castle, waterfalls, Where High Force Waterfall is located ?
Trackback from your site.